COETAIL Philosophy & Policies
The COETAIL program is a series of five courses that sequentially build understanding. It is very important that participants commit to the full program. We do not allow participants to “jump in and out” of courses/cohorts.
COETAIL is built on a cohort format taking advantage of the learning community that forms around ideas, learning, and projects. As a COETAILer you will become a member of two communities that help support you in your learning. One being your cohort of learners and the other being the larger COETAIL community of over 1000 international educators who are taking or have completed the program.
COETAIL believes in open sharing. Your reflections, assignments and projects will be open on the Internet and shared with other educators around the world. We learn through sharing and throughout the program we reflect on the idea of sharing openly on the Internet and how this is changing teaching and learning.
Stackable Certificate Options
Payment plans are available for all options. Let us know and we’ll work with you!
Option 1: Choose the ‘non-credit’ option and receive a certificate of completion from the COETAIL program.
Option 2: Receive Antioch University Seattle continuing education quarter credits through The Heritage Institute to apply towards re-certification and/or pay scale movement. (please check with your school on requirements)
Option 3: Optional and integrated Google for Education Trainer curriculum allows you to add on your GET certificate (extra cost approx. $25-$40 paid to Google for Education)
Non-Credit Payment Schedule (Option 1)
We also offer the COETAIL program to those who want to continue their learning but do not necessarily want the graduate credits. All the same work will be required and when completed participants will receive a COETAIL certificate of completion for 250 hours of professional development. All fees are paid directly to COETAIL.
|Course 1||$600 + $200 Enrollment Fee + $50 Blog Hosting Fee|
Heritage Institute Credit Payment Schedule (Option 2)
We offer the COETAIL program to those who want to continue their learning and may need credits for re-certification. All the same work will be required and when completed participants will receive a COETAIL certificate of completion as well as 21 quarter credits towards re-certification from Heritage Institute in conjunction with Antioch University. All course are 500 level credits. All fees are paid directly to COETAIL.
|Course 1 (5 Quarter Credits)||$600 + $250 Heritage Credit + $200 Enrollment Fee + $50 Blog Hosting Fee|
|Course 2 (5 Quarter Credits)||$600 + $250 Heritage Credit|
|Course 3 (5 Quarter Credits)||$600 + $250 Heritage Credit|
|Course 4 (5 Quarter Credits)||$600 + $250 Heritage Credit|
|Course 5 (1 Quarter Credits)||$400 (Enrollment Fee reimbursed) + $50 Heritage Credit|
|Total (21 Quarter Credits)||$4100|
When you enroll into a COETAIL cohort it includes a $200USD non-refundable enrollment fee. This fee will be applied to your course 5 payment. It cannot be applied to any other course payment or be transferred to another cohort. This fee also gives you access to the orientation course once the payment has been received. This allows you to get started creating your COETAIL profile and start understanding how COETAIL runs before the first course begins.
Blog Hosting Fee
This fee covers the hosting of your blog for the duration of your COETAIL cohort. Benefits include:
- Branding (with coetail in your blog URL)
- Ease of setting up a blog (when you’re new & it’s overwhelming)
- The community that it builds (your blog posts appear on our blog page)
- Access to wordpress.org platform Supporting the COETAIL community
If an invoice is not paid within 20 days, then an automatic late fee will be charged at $20. Access to course material will not be available until payment is received.
We expect you to commit to completing the entire program. We do not allow participants to “jump in and jump out” of classes or cohorts. Withdrawals not only hurt the learning curve of the participant but the greater learning community as well. Therefore we have set the following withdrawal fee schedule:
|Non-refundable Fee Structure:||Non-refundable Fee:|
|Cancellations (before start of course)||Enrollment Fee|
|After week 2 of course||Enrollment Fee + Course Fee|
Change of Program Policy
Changing from Non-Credit to Credit must be done before the end of Course 2. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to move from the Non-Credit option to Credit option. Participants will be responsible for completing all paperwork and fees. An invoice will be sent to participants for the cost difference between the Non-Credit and Credit Program. Plus a $75 processing fee.
Changing from Credit to Non-Credit can be done at any point in the program. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to move from the Credit option to Non-Credit option. If the change is requested within the first two weeks of a course, the cost difference between the two programs will be applied towards the next course fees. If the request is made after Week 2 of the Course, no refund can be applied.
Submission and Assessment of Late Assignments Policy
COETAIL is built on a cohort format taking advantage of the learning community that forms around ideas, networked learning, and projects. As a COETAILer you are responsible for making sure your assignments (blog posts and projects) are submitted in a timely manner. As part of the cohort model, all courses must be completed in order. The cohort participants and instructors you are learning with need the time to comment on and give feedback on your ideas, reflections, learning and projects.
- There is an assignment due every week of the course (unless otherwise noted). Weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday. Students are expected to submit assignments on or before the assigned due date.
- Assignments submitted more than two weeks after the due date will receive minimal feedback from the instructor. Students are expected to communicate any delayed assignments with their instructor.
- In the event of extenuating circumstances, a student may request an extension from the instructor of no longer than two weeks past the last day of the course. The instructor has final say on whether an extension will be granted. Reasons for which an extension may be granted must be significant, unusual or unpredictable circumstances.
Examples of acceptable reasons include: treatment by a physician, personal, vocational or family crisis.
- After the two week extension period, any course deemed “incomplete” will become a “failed” course. If the student wishes to continue with COETAIL, he/she will be required to rejoin a later cohort and submit a cohort transfer fee of $150USD.
- Students who have two courses that are incomplete will not be able to register for another course and will be dropped from their current cohort.
- Students who have been dropped from one COETAIL cohort will need to repay for any course work they need to complete even if they have already paid for the course in the past.
- As fellow educators, we at COETAIL understand the need for flexibility. However, we have found that participating in the designated courses in a timely manner provides the level of learning and engagement that characterizes the COETAIL Program. The key factor if something is impeding your COETAIL participation is communication with your instructor and/or managing director.
COETAIL LLP Terms and Service Agreement
(including but not limited to coetail.com)
General Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of ‘COETAIL.com’ (including any on-line courses, training material and tutorials) (‘the Service’) internationally is provided by COETAIL LLP (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) on the following Terms and Conditions.
By using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Service. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Service.
1. Use of the Service
- You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Service or any part of it for commercial purposes.
- You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of COETAIL.com. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of service to our users. If we believe you are using excessive bandwidth or your use of the Service is adversely affecting our network (or any part of it) or our other users we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account.
- COETAIL reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Service (including community rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- To register on this website you must be over sixteen years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting [email protected] immediately.
- If COETAIL has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- COETAIL reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
4. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through the Service shall remain vested in COETAIL.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use COETAIL’s content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any COETAIL content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of coetail.com content requires the prior written permission of COETAIL LLP
- The names, images and logos identifying COETAIL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of COETAIL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of COETAIL or any other third party.
5. Availability of the Service
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at coetail.com will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to [email protected] and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. COETAIL’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at [email protected] If you do so, you must stop using the Service.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO COETAIL, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COETAIL EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. COETAIL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY COETAIL IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF COETAIL FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES COETAIL’S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE. SUBJECT TO THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, NEITHER COETAIL NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE): (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; OR (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION.
- COETAIL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
11. Applicable law
- These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of the United States. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United States.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and COETAIL chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- COETAIL shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Service is owned and operated by COETAIL LLP a company registered in the United States and whose registered office address is at 121 Vine Street, Seattle, WA 98121.
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training services supplied to you through the coetail.com website (the “Online Course Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
- Your order is an offer to purchase Online Course Services from us. The Online Course Service will be made available to you once your payment has been authorized and the course session has started. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make authorized payment for the Online Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course Service to you without giving any reason.
- The fee for the Online Course Service is calculated and payable in advance of the course start date as set out on coetail.com. The Company shall be under no obligation to provide the Online Course Service until the fee has been paid.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by COETAIL. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party, PayPal Inc. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- Within 48 hours of purchase (during the working week), a confirmation email will be sent to the customer acknowledging payment and successful enrollment in the course.
- Within one week before the announced course start date customer will be will be notified by email of an online URL where the course materials will be located. Customers will be required to create a username and password for logging into the site and accessing the course content.
- New course content will be delivered weekly as per the topic outline. Users will have access to previous week’s course material until the end of the course.
- We create our courses with the schedule of educators and schools in mind and build in breaks so that you are able to complete all course work before the end of the course. It is not possible to pause your course or take a holiday midway through your course.
3. Using the Online Course Service
- Please read the description for the Online Course Service carefully before placing your order as refunds cannot be given (see section 7 below).
- COETAIL warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and COETAIL does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course Service.
- COETAIL is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. COETAIL reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- In the event that COETAIL withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course Service a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the course that remains undelivered.
4. Posting of content
- Some Online Course Services allow you to post content to the coetail.com website including asking questions about the course, posting completed assignments, and taking part in discussion boards.
- All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
6. No commercial use
- Subject to clause 4.2, all Online Course Services are available for non-commercial use only. COETAIL reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course Services without the prior written consent of COETAIL.
- Subject to paying the applicable fees, universities and other teaching organizations are permitted to deliver the Online Course Service to their named students.
7. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for downloadable digital items.
- Cancellation and refunds are available for subscribers to the Online Course Services only with 7 days of starting the course. If dissatisfied with the service, contact [email protected]
- It is not possible to cancel or postpone your course, apart from under the circumstances in item 2 above.
- Your access to the Online Course Service may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Course Service or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Course Service at any time.
In these terms “COETAIL”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to COETAIL LLP a company registered in the United States and whose registered office address is at 121 Vine Street, Seattle, WA 98121.
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]