Does this sound familiar?
- “I’m just too overwhelmed with technology to try anything new right now.”
- “I’m not sure how to best support the diverse learners in my classroom.”
- “I feel isolated and uninspired in my current situation.”
What if you could…
- confidently adapt and adjust the technology you use to meet the needs of your students – without feeling stressed or overwhelmed?
- engage your learners in experiences that truly represent today’s world – with the tools that are most meaningful for them?
- connect and collaborate with other inspiring educators from around the world to push your learning farther than you ever expected?
The Certificate of Educational Technology & Information Literacy
COETAIL is an online certificate program designed for PK-12 educators ready to leverage innovative, technology-rich learning opportunities to build learner agency. As reflective practitioners, COETAIL grads become confident taking risks while building a supportive global community. COETAIL embraces a community approach to learning that enables you to adapt and transform your practice in order to positively impact learning for all students.
Get ready to say “Yes I can!” COETAIL provides you with the tools, resources, and community to feel confident in your ability to adapt & innovate in your classroom.
COETAIL is an academic year-long certificate program for educators. Continuing education credits are available through The Heritage Institute or Teachers College San Joaquin (at additional cost).
Our annual global COETAIL cohorts begin in September every year. The cohort will run from September through May. Registration opens in the spring. Because COETAIL is asynchronous & job-embedded, you won’t need to get a sub or miss any instructional hours!
COETAIL takes place entirely online. All course learning is done asynchronously inside our learning management system. All COETAILers have a personal workbook and a public digital space of their choosing where they reflect on their learning throughout the program. In our global cohorts, there are optional live cohort meet-ups that will add to your experience!
The COETAIL program is completely asynchronous with optional synchronous cohort meet-ups. Participants say that they typically spend 3-5 hours per week engaging in COETAIL tasks.
Do you have a strong interest in technology for learning? All educators are welcome: classroom teachers, coaches, specialists, school leaders. The program is customizable for educators in any setting.
Join our thousands of COETAIL graduates who have discovered that feeling connected and supported will inspire to take risks and try innovative pedagogical approaches with your learners that you never thought you were capable of!
Cups Of Coffee
Who is COETAIL for?
COETAIL is perfect for you if…
- You want to feel confident leveraging the technology you have in your classroom.
- You are ready to take risks and transform your practice with the support of dedicated facilitators and a global cohort of educators.
- You are passionate about positively impacting learning for ALL students.
- You feel isolated in your school and want to feel connected to a global network of educators.
- You want to learn in community and collaborate with educators around the world.
- You like taking your summers and holidays off to relax and rejuvenate.
- You are open to publicly sharing your learning journey.
- You are committed to a 5-course, 16-month long professional learning experience.
- You are ready to explore innovative pedagogical approaches.
- You like to learn and grow through reflection.
COETAIL is not for you if…
- You prefer lecture-style “sit & get” professional learning experiences.
- You expect one-size-fits-all answers.
- You just want content without reflection, engagement & action.
- You prefer “done for you” templates & fill in the blank questionnaires.
- You’re not ready to commit to a 16-month long program.
- You’re content with the status quo in education.
- You don’t feel like you have anything to learn about innovative, technology-rich learning.
Ready to become a COETAILer?
Becoming connected with educators around the world will transform your learning journey as an educator (as well as the learning for your students)!
Ceci Gomez-Galvez, an international educator currently working in Ho Chi Minh City, shares about her transformative COETAIL experience as an EAL teacher!
Curious what you can achieve during your COETAIL experience?
Transformational Final Project
Educators Added to Your Network
How might COETAIL transform your practice and impact learning inside your classroom? Watch COETAILers’ culminating Course 5 Final Project videos to take a peek into their learning journeys!
What do our graduates say?
I think that my greatest learning in COETAIL was not anything specific, but more the type of thinking that has now grown to become a part of who I am as an educator. The way that I see and approach my teaching is different, and the way I reflect on each process feels much more open, creative, and adventurous. There are definitely more exciting things that lie ahead, but now I think I’ve got the right mindset to take it all on, and possibly flip things on their head if necessary.
Though initially skeptical, through COETAIL I learned more about flipped learning and what it can offer. It isn’t just a tool for lecture-based lessons like math or history: it’s a way to tailor resources for students.
COETAIL has the potential to redefine educational leadership in numerous ways, including promoting ongoing reflection and learning, connection and collaboration, and creating educators who are able to learn, unlearn, and relearn. In other words, helping us to become technologically nimble.
My growing PLN has been another great source of learning for me, and I am in awe of the numerous amazing projects and initiatives taking place by Coetail students and graduates. I also learnt that a paradigm shift is needed in education, and no one educator can make the shift happen on their own. We need to bond together as like-minded educators and work to change pedagogy.
As I wind down into my final COETAIL post and final project reflection, I can’t help but think about my own journey as an educator, my increased involvement within a PLN and, the way in which COETAIL has motivated me to solidify my educational passions and amplify my voice to a larger audience.
My COETAIL experience will impact my future practice, with whatever field I go into. As I am unexpectedly leaving my job and home in Moscow and on the search for something new and exciting back in Wisconsin! Everything I have gained through COETAIL, I am confident, has allowed me to take the next steps in whatever is to come.